Going from being on vacation where is was 80 and sunny to being back in the northeast where it is 10 and freezing has been nothing less than depressing and I’m already over this season. Winter is only fun during the holidays and I think it should have just turned to Spring like…yesterday. In order to help get my mind passed this dreadful weather, I just imagine the warmer months of April and May in Hoboken and New York City when restaurants turn into sidewalk cafes, the waterfront is crowded with people walking, running, tanning, and relaxing, and I don’t dread my walk every morning and night to and from the Path station in the freezing cold wishing I was wrapped up in a sleeping bag or sleeping in a hot shower.
I love spring because the weather is perfect to combine all of your clothes together- when wearing tanks from summer with sweaters from winter, scarfs with flip flops, and shorts with a light jackets are all totally acceptable.
Here are some of my favorite Spring pieces already making appearances despite the frigid temps:
1. J.Crew Lemlem Elsa Smocked Shirt, $188 – Cute & comfy… great for a casual sunday & a lunch date with friends. Don’t know why it’s so expensive but I’m sure cheaper versions will come out.
2. Forever 21 Tie-Front Top, $15.80 – This color is so refreshing after a dark winter
4. J. Brand Deconstructed Denim Vest, $218 – Jean vests grew on me quickly. Easy to throw on and make any outfit more stylish.
4. Madewell Short Garcon Blazer, $138 – A perfect workplace staple
5. Jonathan Simkhai Boucle Zip Skirt, $495 – Expensive but ridiculously cute & unique.
6. Sabo Skirt Daisy Chain Shift Dress, $62- This dress screams spring & summer which makes me want winter to end even more.
7. Sabo Skirt Festive Knit, $52- A great transition piece between winter and spring… and it can easily be dressed up or down!
8. Urban Outfitters BDG Slub Voile Button-Down Shirt, $39- comfy and light, this button-up would go great with jeans or jean shorts.