A few months ago I wrote a post, starting with this thought: “I’ve been finding more and more relevance to the saying “It’s the little things in life that make you happy” ever since I’ve started working. It’s not that I didn’t appreciate them beforehand, it’s just that most of my day is consumed with… work… so when something does make me happy- even just a little bit, it’s much easier to notice.
I think as you grow older, that saying becomes more and more relevant in everyday life. Just over the past few months, I’ve realized it has for me. The simplest things give me joy and have the ability to turn my day around.
Here are some of the things currently making me happy:
1. I went to Baltimore this past weekend to visit my friends and when I walked into their apartment, this dance party was happening. It was the best.
2. This Saturday was a beautiful day in the Inner Harbor. Me, Kc, and our good friend Matt roamed around then sat on a bench in the sun for 30 mins eating candy & people watching. It was the best.
3. This letter from my boss. (& my bosses boss!)
4. New shoes! New shoes are the best.
5. This building in Baltimore that I’ve never seen. I L O V E it 🙂
7. Finding these pictures… funny thing about it is I used to love baths and Steve used to be so scared of them. Today, he showers at least 3 times a day and I have questionable hygiene.
8. Waking up early to go to the gym before work also means getting up early to catch the sunrise over Manhattan. Sunrises are the best.
9. When we were in Baltimore, we went to RA, our favorite place to eat. It’s amazing. and perfect. and I want it right now.
10. Getting texts like this. My family is the best.
11. Getting emails like this from my dad. It makes me feel special to know that he truly wants the best for me and does all he can to make sure I am the best “me” I can be every single day. Knowing he thinks about me everyday is a good feeling, because both of my parents are on my mind at all times.
12. Your never too old for a Valentine’s day package from your mom. I was having a bad morning, and I got a package delivered to my desk and it totally turned my day around. In the box I found my favorite candy, a cookbook called “Cooking for Love,” a adorable new Lululemon workout bag, socks for Kc, a candle, an owl shaped beer opener, a skirt from Swell, and the cutest blazer for work. Oh, and a card with the sweetest message and some money!… ah she’s the best.